Hello LM_Net! - I have just finalized my first high school library
 inventory. We have 174 missing items valued at $2,115.(This figure does not
include periodicals.) Many of the missing items were new this year - I serve
540 students, about 9,000 barcoded books. The lost amount is about 20% of my
annual budget.
My questions: What percentage of loss due to theft is typical in a high
school? At what point should I consider a security system and... who should
pay for it?? What security systems are in use and how do you like them? What
other measures are useful in preventing theft??
Please email to me - I will share with all interested parties! Thanks in
Advance for your help and Happy Summer to all!   Rosemary in Iowa

LM_NET Archive Home