I have been a Mac Lab instructor over the past five years.  For 1995-96, my
Headmaster would like me to team with the libararian and be the "research
librarian".  (I have had experience working in a libaray when I was in college
and in fact almost majored in libaray science, but majoring in ed. won.)  The
head seems to feel the libararian has become too involved with technology - not
through any fault of her own - it has just been part of her job.  When a
computer doesn't function properly, she needs to troubleshoot the problem  but,
of course, that takes away from her literature time.  In order to get more
balanced, he wants me in there to help with the internet, cd-rom, research and
the technology.  Have any other schools gone through transitions such as this?

Lynn Gustafson             Clairbourn School
                           8400 Huntington Dr.
818-286-6814(wk)           San Gabriel, CA 91775
lgustaf@cello.gina.calstate.edu      lynnG5@aol.com
     Wherever you go, there you are.  M.E.

LM_NET Archive Home