I read the offending issue of Glamour and I recall thinking to myself as
I did that the fur would really fly in some HS & MS libraries when the
issue was closely examined.  But, before we rack Glamour over the coals,
perhaps we ought to take a long hard look at who their readership is.

Back when I was a teenager...(many years ago) Glamour, Mlle. and
Seventeen were the big 3 teenage magazines...aimed at young women 13-21
or so.  About 5-10 years Glamour and Mille. revamped themselves and both
are now targeted at the the 18-30ish women...sort of a Cosmo. for the
women who aren't air heads.  If you look at their articles...stories on
marriage, parenthood, job and career choices, personal finances and yes,
sex it's real appartent that it isn't written with a 13 year old girl in
mind (or even a 16 year old girl).  Seventeen hasn't changed much over
the years, the other two have.

Lots of us rountinely re-subscribe to the same magazines year after year,
even if they have changed their format.
So, don't fuss at Glamour for publishing what they do...it's a great
magazine, but not perhaps for young teenagers.

P.S.  In these days of rampent teenage pregnancy, at least it is real
hard to conceive while using a vibrator or dildoe (sp!!) so perhaps that
story is a blessing in disguise!  <G> !

                           Guusje Moore
                 Librarian, Housman Elementary School
                           Houston, Texas