We dropped it after one year.  I couldn't stomach all the
'sweetsiepooness' and picked up American Girl, instead.  That's a bit
more on the girls as potential wimmen side than on the "....sittin',
knittin' purrrr like a kitten' side.  How can you tolerate it, yourself?
Have you actually tried to read any of it?

Roselle

American School for the Deaf
r_weiner@sacam.oren.ortn.edu

On Tue, 6 Jun 1995, Marjorie Swank wrote:

> My 21-year-old daughter was appalled to see that my K-5 library subscribes
> to Barbie magazine.  She feels that Barbie perpetuates stereotypes that are
> harmful to girls, and she advised me to drop that subscription immediately.
> Actually, Barbie is one of the most sought-after materials in the library.
> What do other elementary libraries do?  Does anyone else still subscribe to
> Barbie and/or Barbie Fashion?  Has anyone dropped the subscription? TIA
> Marge Swank, LMS
> Scott Elementary School
> 310 South Scott
> Belton, MO  64012