All of the talk about book sales convinced me to try one.  Now I have to
convince my superintendent!  He seems to think that if we have a sale
with discarded books, the money has to go back into the general fund and
he isn't willing to do the accounting magic to send it back to the
library.  It would seem to me that once the books aredeclared surplus
they could be used as a fundraiser without sending money back through the
black hole of the general fund.

He is willing to consider this, but he wants to know what other schools
policies are on this.  Do you have any written policies about what to do
with discards?  TIA

Kathleen Morrow
Stevenson-Carson School District
PO Box 850