Just wondering if anyone "out there" is going to the Winnebago Conference
in Wisconsin at the end of July - or if anyone has been in the past.

I use Winnebago CIRC in my library.  So far, no computers for student
CAT access, so I wasn't too concerned when we added materials using the
short form - basic stuff, no MARC records.  I see now that we made a major
mistake by not doing it right the first time.

There are several MARC workshops during this conference that I feel I need
to attend, but I'm going to have to "foot the bill" myself for this trip-
and it is rather pricey for me at the present time (remodeling the house!)

Tennessee's own TASL is meeting in Memphis just before Winnebago does.
There is one short MARC seminar there (sponsored by Follett).

I guess what I want to know is - is the Winnebago trip worth the money
(including airfare, hotel, meals, registration fee - almost $1200)
or can it wait for me to do my MARC records later?  I've not installed
any of the upgrades since version 4.1 because I've heard I had to get
it on "right" before I upgrade.

(I've heard rumblings of _maybe_ a couple of computers that students can
use for access to CAT).

Any ideas or suggestions?
TIA
Joy Bivens    bll_jbivens@pstcc.cc.tn
Eagleton School Library
Maryville, TN

P.S.  Have been lurking for awhile.  Hope I did this right.  I love
LM_Net!

LM_NET Archive Home