Dear LM-Netters - I would like some input from elementary schools out in
LM_NET land.  We will be piloting a program called "Reading Recovery" in
our first grade next year.  My understanding is that it addresses at-risk
first graders and has had phenomenal success in bringing up their reading
levels by the end of the year.  My principal (and the teachers selected
to participate) would like to know if any of you have this program in
your schools, how it is working, the pros and the cons and if you - or
your teachers - have any lesson plans they would be willing to share.
Please e-mail me with any information you would be willing to share.  You
all are wonderful!  I love this list!   TIA, Susan Schlein   :-}
*Susan K. Schlein                                        *
*E.A. Jones Elementary          "I CANNOT LIVE           *
*Fort Bend I.S.D.               WITHOUT BOOKS."          *
*1800 5th Street                        Thomas           *
*Missouri City TX  77489                Jefferson        *
*Phone - (713) 499-9537 x. 295                           *
*E-Mail - sschlein@tenet.edu                             *