I work on a library that has an extensive compact disc collection, which
in this case I think would be about the same as a CD-ROM disc, and we use
a Sharpie marker to write our names in the very center of the CD's (the
clear center area).  We did alot of looking at products and asking for
advise when we were looking at marking CD's.  There were responses that
anything maked on even the label side of the CD could overtime cause harm
to the CD and then there were others that refuted this.  We decided not
to take a chance.  I hope this was helful.
Jenna Bailey
baileyj@cayuga.cayuga-cc.edu

On Tue, 2 May 1995 Elliott688@AOL.COM wrote:

> Is it possible to label CD-ROMs with a permanent black felt tip marker
> without harming them?  If so, does one need to label them on a particular
> side, or area?  Thanks for your help!
>
> Linda Elliott
> Elliott688@aol.com
> Corning, CA