One of the schools locally removes the cards the first time they are
checked out on the new automation system. That first year if the card is
there when they do inventory, they need to make sure it has good subject
headings or question whether it should be tossed.

Cynthia LaPier, MLS
SCT BOCES                 Computer Services Center
School Library System
459 Philo Rd.             Elmira, NY 14903
FON 607-739-3581          FAX 607-796-5125

On Tue, 2 May 1995 Bunkiew@AOL.COM wrote:

> Another questions for you all, am counting on your opinions on this...
>
> We are automating our collection, here is the question:  Do we keep the sign
> out cards in the back of the book?  Also, when we order new books, do we
> order new books with the jackets and sign out cards?
>
> What have you done if you have automated, really interested in seeing
> everyone's answers on this. Do you have situations that you think would
> justify keeping sign out cards in the books after automation?
>
> Please answer me directly, I will post a hit if there is interest.
>
> Have a great day,  :)
>
> Bunkie Wilson
> Bunkiew@AOL.COM
>
> Thanks again, everyone is always so helpful!!!

LM_NET Archive Home