Yesterday I participated in a Legislative Day in the capital of
California (which you all know is Sacramento, right?).  One of the items
we were given to pass on to our legislators when we visited them is a
brochure from AASL developed by Barbara K. Stripling.  Theodore R. Sizer
is quoted several places on the brochure, and I like what he has to say
(for example, "Not surprisingly, one good way to start designing an
Essential school is to plan a library and let its shadow shape the rest."
and "If students are to be the 'workers' they absolutely require richly
endowed libraries and the time to use them.")  He is quoted from _The
Conversation_ September 1990, "Colleagues and Conversation,"but I'd like
to know who he is so I can quote him as an authority!

Thanks.  Post the answer to the list, so we can ALL quote this man and
his credentials!

Diane Oestreich                 *The art of teaching is the art
Fullerton Union High School     of assisting discovery.*
201 E. Chapman Avenue
Fullerton, California 92632-1925
(714) 870-3729
FAX: (714) 870-3746