I've been asked to gather some books of fiction with an Islamic theme
or background.  THis is for ninth graders, but the upper school
here refuses to even consider YA literature, no matter how wonderful,
so that excludes Shabanu.  So what I need are suggestions of titles
written for adults, preferably by Islamic writers, of books with
Islamic settings, in English. (One teacher helpfully gave me a l
bibliography of books in Arabic!)  Historical fiction will be
fine.
Thanks,
Wendy Waloff, librarian, Friends Select School, Philadelphia
frdschlib@hslc.org

LM_NET Archive Home