        Thanks to everyone who sent messages concerning the hours you are
required to work vs. teachers' hours.  I received messages from 50+
LM-Netters, and almost all media personnel are on the teacher salary
schedule and work the same hours as teachers (officially).  Yesterday
afternoon (less than two hours before our scheduled meeting with our
District NCAE Rep), we received a fax from our superintendent stating the
Workday/Hours policy had been revised to "ensure fair and equitable
treatment" for all educators.  The paragraph specifying media,
counselors, speech, etc. would work an additional 30 minutes was
deleted!  Phone calls to board members and heads of professional
organizations, letters, support from classroom teachers, and the
documentation from your messages all helped bring about this change.
Without your responses, we couldn't have gathered so much data in such
a short period of time.  Thanks again to all who responded!

Selfjk@conrad.appstate.edu
Judy Self, Media Coordinator
Gamewell Elementary School
2904 Morganton Blvd.