There has been intermittent discussion about the Colorado Report, research
that shows that the better the school library, the better students' test scores
are. I hope the following will be useful to some LM_NETters.  I put together a
slide show using parts of David Loertscher's article "Objective: Achievement,
Solution: School Libraries" which summarizes not only the Colorado Report
but also Stephen Krashen's book, _The Power of Reading_ (in the May 1993 issue
of School Library Journal).  The slide show is now on video and I am making it
available at cost to whoever needs help getting school libraries funded.

The video _Objective: Achievement; Solution: School Libraries_ is
available for $10 plus $2 for postage from Johanna Halbeisen, PO Box 295,
Northampton, MA 01061.  I cannot bill anyone, so please send check or
money order with your request.  It is 13 minutes long.  It should
be ready to send out by May 15.

If you see this message and think you might order one, could you please
send me an email message to that effect?  I am trying to estimate how
many to get copied in the first round.

--
Johanna Halbeisen                               "We are confronted by
Rebecca M. Johnson School(K-8)                   insurmountable opportunties."

LM_NET Archive Home