        As of today I have received over 50 responses concerning the book
*Compassionate Capitalism*.  Libraries from the following states have
responded:  Maryland, Iowa, Ohio, Virginia,  New York, Connecticut,
Delaware, Michigan, New Jersey,  South Carolina, North Carolina, Tennessee,
Indiana, Rhode Island,  and Maine.
        12  Not sure what they will do with it
        18 Evaluating it
        10 Got rid of it (gave it away or threw it away)
         1  Cataloging it
         3  selling it

        It appears this was a blanket mailing to states east of Iowa and
that  included public and private middle schools and high schools.  I have
located two reviews of this book.  They are:
        "Compassionate Capitalism; people helping people help themselves."
                Peter Foster, *Canadian Business*, v66, n7, p110.  July 1993
        "Compassionate Capitalism: people helping people help themselves."
                *Publishers Weekly*, v240, n10, p62.   March 8, 1993

        Other articles of interest:
        "The Christian Capitalists.  McGraw, Dan.  U.S. News and World
Report, v118,
                 n10, p52.  March 13, 1995
        "How Amway's two founders cleaned up:  strong overseas sales helped
Richard DeVos and Jay Van Andel add billions to their fortunes."  Grant,
Linda.  U.S. News and World Report,  v117,  n17,  p77.  Oct. 31, 1994

Kathy Geronzin,
Jr.-Sr. High School Librarian,
Northeast Communit School District
Goose Lake, IA 52750