If there's any place or people who can help with my question, it's here.
Unlike some other places, our district , crying poor mouth all the way to
the bank, has cut our library aide time AGAIN. (They don't cut the entire
position, just nibble us to death!) My aide pointed out to the
principal today how much time has been cut just in the last year and he
said, "Great - write that up."

So now we're in the process of writing up how the library use has
increased and how we really need MORE, not less, aide time to support the
students and the curriculum, etc. It occurred to me that we should also
include a statement of philosophy concerning what a library should be
like. Except for what's in Information Power, I've not seen any such.

Do any of you have a philosphy statement that you'd be willing to share.
If I have request(s) <g> for copies, I'll post a hit later.

TIA

Joyce Conklin            jconkli@ed.co.sanmateo.ca.us
Hillsdale High School
3115 Del Monte St.
San Mateo, CA 94403-3819    (415) 574-7230 [0745-1500 Pac.Time]

LM_NET Archive Home