In message <1395873901-50047431@sec.micro.umn.edu>  writes:
> I would like to hear examples of individual students or
> small groups doing "research" on "The Internet." Note
> I always put Internet in quotes. That is because often
> what I find is people using commercial services to access
> Encarta or something like that. I mean using the grand,
> glorious and confusing Internet.

We've conducted Internet research projects with the sixth-grade students
at Hillside Elementary in each of the last two years.  We aren't that
far along this year, but we will be doing it again.

Specifically, look at:
   <URL:http://hillside.coled.umn.edu/1993-94/research/papers.html>  -and-
   <URL:http://hillside.coled.umn.edu/Franklin.html>

There are several other schools on the web doing similar work.

LM_NET Archive Home