Dear LM_Netters,
Many of you asked for the booklist-finally have it put together.
This is the bibliography that we are using for our unit on
"Castles, Knights and Kings".  Most of the books are available through
Follett, Perma-Bound, Econoclad.  If you know of a great book that I have
missed--please let me know.  If you have any ideas for projects -- I will
glad to collect more ideas and post another hit.  Thank you for all your
interest--it has truily amazed me!!
If any questions, please e-mail.  We plan to do this unit after Christmas.
 We will be putting our lesson plans together over vacation.   One last
request--we are looking for music -- would appreciate any help.  Thank you!!!

Non-fiction Book list

Hartman, G.  Medieval Days and Ways
Buehr, W.  The Crusaders
Buehr, W.  Knights and Castles and Feudal Life
Buehr, W. Chivalry and the Mailed Knight
Arnold, R. Kings, Bishops, Knights, and Pawns
King, F.  How people lived in the Middle Ages
Gravett   Knight
Byam    Arms and Armor
Moss, M  Forts and Castles
Maynard, C  Incredible Castles and Knights
Cox, P  What were csatles for
Reinagle, D  Draw medieval fantasies
Williams,  Forts and Castles
Green, J  Life in a medieval castle and village
Biesty  Castle
Gravett  Castle
Macauley  Castle
Nolan  Castle Builder
Baines  Castles
Cooper  Castles
Jeunesse  Castles
Matthews  Castles
Smith  Castles
Steele  Castles
James  castles and Mansions
Wright  Castles:Facts, things to make, activities
Brochard  Castles of the Middles Ages
Young  Castles, Pyramids and palaces
Corbin  Knights
Jones  Knights and castles
Mitgutsch  Knight's book
Wright  Knights:facts, things to make,activites
             Knights in armor
Gibbons, Knights in shining armor
Gross  Knights of the round table
Macdonald  Medieval castle
Adams  Medieval castles
Carins  Medieval castles
Aliki  Medieval feast
Howarth  Medieval people
Howarth  Medieval places
Corbishley  Medieval world
Caselli Roman Empire and the dark ages
Caselli Middles Ages
Howarth  Middles Ages
Anno  Anno's Medieval World
Clare  Fourteenth Century Towns
Sabin  Middles Ages
           The Medieval Cookbook

Teacher Materials
 From Dension
   Knights and Castles
   Middle Ages  Personalities
   Middle Ages  Everyday life

  From Teacher Created Materials, Inc
    Medieval Times

  From Golden Owl Publishing
     Picture the Middle Ages

Computer Programs
   Storybook Weaver
   Knights and Kings

VHS Tape
     Knights and Armor

Cassette Tapes
    The Book of Three
    The Wizard's Hall
    King Arthur and His Knights

Misc
   Stamp-a-Story  (Demco pg 564)
    Stickers--Knights, dragons, castles,etc(fantasy sparkle)
          from Mrs. Grossman's Paper Co.

Demco Catalog pp 556-564
  many books and extras(excellent source of books and materials)

Fiction Books K-3
Carrick  Harald and the great stag
Curry  Christmas Knight
DePaola  Knight and the dragon
Enderle  Good-for-something dragon
Gerrard  Sir Cedric
Hazen  Knight who was afraid of the dark
Hazen  Knight who was afraid to fight
Hillert  Go to sleep, dragon
Hodges  Saint George and the dragon
Maccarone  Sword in the stone
McCully  Amazing Felix
McDonald  Princess and the goblin
O'Connor  Sir Small and the dragonfly
Osborne  Knight at dawn
Tyler  Tumble tower
Walton  Kiss a frog: jokes about fairy tales, knights, dragons
Watson  Tom Thumb

Fiction books 3-6
Alexander  Book of three
Alexander  Castle of llyr
Coville  Goblins in the castle
Crossley-Holland  Beowulf
Cushman  Catherine, called birdy
DeAngeli  Door in the Wall
Eager  Knight's castle
Gray  Adam of the road
Green  Adventures of Robin Hood
Green  King Arthur and his knights of the round table
Greer  Max and me and the time machine
Hodges  Of swords and socerers
Hunt  Illuminations
Konigsberg  Proud taste for scarlet and miniver
Landon  Meg Mackintosh and the mystery at the medieval castle
Laster  Tournament of knights
Lindgren  Ronia, the robber's daughter
MacLachlan  Tomorrow's wizard
McKinley  Outlaws of Sherwood
Murphy  Jeffery Strangeways
Murphy  Silver woven in my hair
Pierce  Alana, the first adventure
Pope  Perilous Gard
Pyle  Men of Iron
Pyle  Merry adventures of Robin Hood
Pyle  Story of King Arthur and his knights
Scieszka  Knights of the kitchen table
Service  All's fair
Simmons  Great white owl of Sissinghurst
Swan  King Arthur and the knights of the round table
White  Once and future king
Willard  Pish, posh said Hieronymus Bosch
Winthrop  Battle for the castle
Winthrop  Castle in the attic

LM_NET Archive Home