After requesting recommendations on quality headphones for tape
recorders, I received more messages from people who wanted similar
information than from people who were happy with the headphones they
own.  Audiotronics and Califone were mentioned as brands that needed
frequent repair.  The following were recommended:

Telex
Koss (I found these in a local electronics store for 16.99)

A contact:  Jay Wallace of Midcom, Inc. in Dallas (214) 869-2144
            He sells high quality Sony headphones in the $40 range

Thanks for all the help.  My principal was impressed that I received
replies from all over the nation.  "Of course, the people in Alaska would
need earmuffs on their headphones, wouldn't they? We wouldn't be
interested in those in Houston,"  she quipped.

Anne Knickerbocker                           Cedar Brook Elementary
Librarian                                    2121 Ojeman
SBISD                                        Houston, Texas 77080
aknicker@tenet.edu                           (713) 365-5020

LM_NET Archive Home