As a promotion, our ASB is selling merchandise marketed by Campus Store
(10% profit to ASB).  One of the items is "Your Personal Trainerfor the
SAT or ACT" from Davidson.  It is available for Windows or
Macintosh--$40.95.  Here are the features listed in the ad for it:
5 full tests' worth of sample questions--over 750 SAT or 1000 ACT
on-screen problems
-Two printed pre- and post-tests
-College Comparison graph=compare score against freshmen at over 300
universities and colleges
-National Average Comparison= compare score with other h.s. students
-Creates a personalized training schedule individualized to strengths and
weaknesses to improve score.

I have a 1989 Barron's Computer Study Program for the SAT, and I was
thinking of upgrading it.  If anyone has experience with the Davidson
program, I'd like to hear from you too.

Diane Oestreich                 *The art of teaching is the art
Fullerton Union High School     of assisting discovery.*
201 E. Chapman Avenue
Fullerton, California 92632-1925
(714) 870-3729
FAX: (714) 870-3746

On Wed, 4 Oct 1995, Susan Weiss wrote:

> Our school is looking for software that will prepare students for the SAT
> and/or the PSAT, probably for the Mac, but possibly for PCs, too.
>
> Years ago I remember reading reviews - the best one was in the Rolling
> Stone Magazine - and that some software allowed you to use it only for
> one person. What is the present state of the art?
>
> What do you use and recommend?  Any features to beware of?
>
> TIA
>
> Sue Weiss
> Ballard HS Librarian
> Seattle, WA