Can you stand one more comment on "lunchtimers" in the media
center?  Sorry, I'm reading a backlog of e-mail and I'm several
weeks behind the conversation.  One thing we have done in our
media center that seems to help is require that students who wish
to use to media center during their lunch periods come here *first*
to get their work done and then go to the cafeteria.  Their mind-
set is quite a bit different with this, viewing the media center
more as a place to study or do research or read.  Students who try
to come from the cafeteria (or who have been given the OK to come
by forgetful lunch monitors) are reminded of this and sent back
to the cafeteria.  This way, the media center is accessible for
those who really wish to use it constructively, with less social
disturbance.

--
Karen Naftzger          (gk751@cleveland.freenet.edu)
Rocky River High School