From:   ratchfor@unctv.org (Melinda Ratchford)
To:     Linda524@AOL.COM

Call the preservation department of your state library - there is a mixture
of clorox and water that helps stop mildew.In article
<810439928.3850@InforMNs.k12.MN.us>

Light solution of Clorox and water applied to outside of book and sides will
not harm. ...if you have mold inside your book it is MOST difficult to ever
get rid of.  State libraries are so helpful ...please let me know how you
do>  Good Luck
--
Melinda Ratchford
Gaston County SchoolsMRatchford@gcs.trc

From:   PBergant@aol.com
To:     Linda524

The kitty litter might work!  Vinegar is a very good odor remover.  Your
might try  putting books in a box and sitting a  bowl of vinegar on top, then
put a lid on.  Vinegar removes odors such as smoke from a house in just a few
hours when a small bowl or two is placed in the area.

This is the last part of my removing odors hit.  Thanks again to all who
wrote and to all you LM NETTERS who are putting up with this.

Linda Kurtz

LM_NET Archive Home