Linda, One of our best resource sharing opportunities is through
School Library System. As you are in NYState you have this available
through your local BOCES. Our small school exchanges thousands of items
print and non-print with the other schools in our area as well
as around the country.
Another great feature is the Cooperative Collection Development.
Before we discard magazines, we call the "holding" library to see
if they are missing any issues.  In this way, there is always a complete
set of magazines for the titles listed in the Readers Guide. When
you want a particular article, you call that school for a copy.

Also through SLS, we have speakers and other programs, publicity for
our school libraries, cooperation with public libraries and
special libraries, as well as grants for telephones, computers, modems
etc.
Hope this helps. Try SLS for really great resource sharing!
Donna Carroll
   Alden High School
      13190 Park Street, Alden, N.Y. 14004
         (716) 937-9116 - FAX: (716) 937-4568