I have two suggestions for preventing theft of mouse balls:

        1. When buying new equipment, select equipment that using an
allen wrench to remove the mouse ball cover.
        2. If you do not have this option, use a strong, clear tape and
tape the cover in place.  This givees the student more "work" to do to
get the ball out and might discourage theft.  So far it has worked for me.

Good Luck!

Ken baker

On Wed, 4 Oct 1995, Joan Turner wrote:

> When suggestions were given about what to do to prevent the mouse balls
> from being taken, I did not have that problem.  Now I do and would
> appreciate hearing any suggestions.  Thanks.
>
> jturner@edcen.ehhs.cmich.edu
> Goodrich High School
> 8029 S. Gale Rd.
> Goodrich, MI 48438