The middle school librarian in our district is trying to do a
retroconversion of the collection using Precision One on CD-ROM to pull
records into ATHENA.  Even using MARC Conversion she has difficulty
because the records are pulled and then interfiled with existing records
WITHOUT any bar code number being assigned by ATHENA.  She has to search
each one and then manually assign the bar code.  Is this the way it works
or is there a simpler method?  Please respond to me directly and I will
share the information with her.  TIA.

Kathleen Allstot
Ephrata High School
Ephrata, WA  98823