> I need your help!  Our students have finished reading "Hatchet" and
> "Deathwatch" and want more information sources about wilderness
> survival.  We ask the students to figure out hos to survive if they are
> lost on a camping trip.  Can anybody help with sources--books, videos, etc?

Monica, you didn't say what grade level your students are, but _Lost in
a (the?) Desert_ is one.  I don't remember the author, but I believe it
begins with R or S (if I remember the placement on the shelf
correctly!).  It's probably more of a 6th grade book, but it does tell
how the boy survived in the desert.

Another is _May Day!_ by someone beginning with "M" -- shelf placement
again! And then there is one where a boy and a girl are stranded in a car
in a snow storm, but I don't even remember the title of that one -- just
a picture of a snowboud car on the front.

Betty
                                .----.
Betty Hamilton, LRS             |    |                701 Cub Drive
bhamilt@tenet.edu           ____|*    ~~~~~~.         Brownfield TX 79316
Brownfield High School      \               |         (806) 637-4523
                                  \     {
                                    \  }
                                      ~

LM_NET Archive Home