For anyone interested in joining the Betsy-Tacy Society, sent $10 payable
to the B-T Society c/o Michele Franck, 294 Chestnut Ave. Boston, MA  02130.

The Maud Hart Lovelace Society is a sister society that is trying to get
all of Lovelace's books back in print.  To join send $10 to the MHL
Society, 2201 North Albert St., #101, Roseville, MN 55113.

Both societies have great newsletters.  If you are not familiar with the
Lovelace books, ten Betsy-Tacy from grade school through Betsy's Wedding
have enterainted girls for the past 45 years.  Lovelace often said that
she "lived the happiest childhood a child could possibly know," and she
wrote lovingly of that time in her B-T books.  Once you read them you'll
be hooked.

There is also a listserve, Maud-l.  To subscribe, send a message to:
listserv@mitva.mit.edu and type subscribe maud-l  your first name and
last name.

If you would like any more information, please contact me as I am a
member of both societies.

Patsy Small, psmall@tenet.edu
Bandera High School Library

LM_NET Archive Home