                Well, it had to happen.  After months of lurking and
sending greetings, I've decided that perhaps all of you out there in
lm_net-land can help me.
        I am the "technical" consultant for our school's drama class who
videotapes a few minutes of school announcements for next day showing.
These announcements have several scene changes as the students interview
athletes etc.  We then use the Channel One setup to show them to the whole
school.  Here's the problem.  We've outgrown our graphics program ( VCR
Companion) and can't do as good as editing job as we want with just two
VCRs.  We need a solution that will provide us with transitions and the
ability to add text to scenes.  We're looking for either a software
solution or a hardware solution to our problem.  I've heard that you can
edit and put in graphics using a computer. ( We have PC machines with
Windows in our building) That would be fine.  I've also heard that there
are editing machines that can do similar things.  That would be fine as
well.  Of course part of the problem is money.  ( Isn't it always?) This
solution should be usable by the students with minimal hassle as I still
have the Library to look after.
        Any experiences and/or advice you can give me would be a great help.
  TIA

                James Mong

Riverview Middle School-- Huntington, IN 46750
jmong@neptune.esc.k12.in.us

****Next to knowing is knowing where to find it!*****