Dear LM_NET friends,

I recently listened to an audio recording of, The Indian in the Cupboard.
I cannot tell you what company produced it, by it was narrated by the
author herself, Lynn Reid Banks.  My question is this:  In the book, the
Indian character's name is "Little Bear." Ms. Banks narrates it on the
tape as "Little Bull."  Why do you suppose she did that?  It is the same
for the tape, The Return of the Indian.  On the tape box, the summary
talks about, Little Bear.  She CLEARLY reads it as, Little Bull.  What IS
the deal??  Any input would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you.

Barbara L. Kinkead, Lower School Librarian, St. Mark's School of Texas
                 10600 Preston Road, Dallas, TX 75230
             kinkead@tenet.edu      214-363-6491 ext. 218

LM_NET Archive Home