>        The last two suggestions had some drawbacks.  Many people were
>happy with Follett, but many were not.  They have a typing service where
>you just jot down everything you need on pieces of paper, stick them into
>an envelope and mail it to them where they type everythin gup and send
>your requests back to you.  HOwever, if you're like me where i have to go
>through a requisition office at central HQ, this doesn't do much good.
>Many were dissatisfied with their service and thier HIGH prices.

One of the reasons I continue to use Follett, even though I know their
prices are a bit higher, is that their MARC records are the best I've seen
among the jobbers.  They almost always have a summary and are very
complete.  There are some which I won't use because their MARC records are
not so good.....

Julie Anderson, Librarian                       (206) 813-7301
Kentwood High School                            janderso@kent.wednet.edu
25800 164th Ave SE
Kent, WA  98042                                          Life, liberty, and
the pursuit of happiness are not "Special Rights."

LM_NET Archive Home