From: owner-lm_net
To: Multiple recipients of list LM_NET
Subject: Foreign Language Survey
Date: Wednesday, October 18, 1995 11:01AM

My Principal has asked me to conduct a simple survey on foreign language
programs in public school districts.  I would appreciate the help of LM_NET
librarians to provide this data.  Needed by 10/20/95. I thank you in
advance.  Peter Genco

1. At which grade levels are FLs offered in your DISTRICT? Exploratory
program in 8 and full in 9-12

2. What courses/languages are offered?  Japanese, Spanish, French, American
Sign

3. In what kind of interdisciplinary projects between the FL program and
other subjects has the library/media center played a major role?  Only
references to culture, politics, geography of the languages taught.

4. Other ways in which the library/media center has played a role in the FL
program? or vice versa?

5. Advantages of having a FL program.  Cultural awareness, Global awareness

LM_NET Archive Home