When I was a cub scout, we went on an over night.  We built a lean-to.
It was fun, tough work, and a great learning experience.   We could only
use trees that were not alive, and we had to learn which bushes would
shelter us from the rain, which angle to put them on and how to secure
them.

M Gold

On Thu, 19 Oct 1995, Kenneth Hawley wrote:

> A local scout troop has asked if I can provide some resources that would
> give suggestions, ideas, plans, whatever, on projects that patrols can
> "build" using nothing but knots and lashings....no nails.  Of course a
> catapult is one idea, bridges, etc., but what are others?  Any titles you
> might suggest that would address this would be a great help!
>
> TIA
> khawley@isbe.state.il.us

LM_NET Archive Home