        Sorry for the messages with no info.  I'm learning a new mailer.
Here are the suggested titles, I hope.  Thanks to all who responded.  It
is just what was needed.

"World Historical Fiction for
Young Adults" (Highsmith, 1995).

Try American history for children and young adults : an annotated
bibliographic index, by Vandelia VanMeter (Libraries Unlimited, 1990,
ISBN0872877310). Broken down bny periods, includes fiction as well as
non-fiction.  All entries briefly annotated and provide age
recommendations.

>Howard, Elizabeth Fitzgerald _America As Story_ Chicago, ALA,
is a bibliog on U.S. history for grades 7-12.

There is a book called American Historical Fiction by Virginia Brokaw
Gerhardstein  5th edition iin 1986

        Scarecrow Press did a book called American Historical Fiction. I
have the 3rd ed which was published in 1971, and I don't know if there is
an update of this work.  It is a good resource.

 ALA publishes  America as Story: Historical Fiction for
Secondary Schools. Eliz. F. Howard, 1988. ($15.00) Our 11th grade teachers
like it.

ALA has a bibliography of historical fiction.  It is called America as
Story by Elizabeth Howard.  1988.  ISBN 0-8389-0492-0.

  There is also a good bibliography with comments in the October, 1992
American Heritage magazine.  Novelist, Journalists and historians answer
the question What is your favorit American historical novel and why?  I've
purchased from this list and used it for my personal reading.  Good stuff!
         Joan Miller (KBX_MILLER@K12.MEC.OHIO.GOV)

Priscilla Bennett               (770) 836-4400
West Georgia College            pbennett@westga.edu
Carrollton, GA 30118            (770) 834-8524 home voice and fax

*******Things which matter most must never be at the mercy of things ******
                 ****** which matter least.  Goethe ******

LM_NET Archive Home