My library has just been given a 2-year-old Compaq with a CD-Rom reader.
I would like to order an encyclopedia for student use.

Will this year's encyclopedias run on old equipment?  I am not sure how
to locate the technical specs of this "gift horse," but I do know it has a
sound blaster.  How can I find out whether it has Double Time, etc.?

How do elementary librarians compare Information Finder, Grolier's,
Encarta?  The teachers in the building each insist, adamantly, on
whatever they happen to be familiar with already.

Let me add my voice to Betty Dawn Hamilton's, Karen Schneider's, Gary
Ambridge's:  I have been spending a LOT of personal time learning, my
district has been very supportive, and still I find there's so much more
I need to know...

Please reply directly to Holly Wolf   macelem@transit.nyser.net
TIA

LM_NET Archive Home