        How many of you are buying the $19.95 variety of tapes for viewing?
Most of those are licensed only for private viewing.  The educational videos
(available from Disney, or Britannica, or PBS, or...) are far more
expensive, many running into the hundreds of dollars. It is this type of
tape that I really do not want to circulate.  If I had a book that cost that
much it would definitely be on permanent reserve.  Our school district
requires that students pay full replacement cost for any lost or damaged
materials.  I would hate to see someone billed for one of those tapes.
Jamie Boston, Librarian
Birch Lane Elementary
1600 Birch Lane                                 Davis, CA 95616
916-757-5395/5413(FAX)                    jamieb@wheel.dcn.davis.ca.us
A Davis Community Network
   Sponsored  Project

LM_NET Archive Home