On Mon, 4 Sep 1995, Jamie Boston wrote:

>         How many of you are buying the $19.95 variety of tapes for viewing?
> Most of those are licensed only for private viewing.  The educational videos

Libraries have a special dispensation from that restriction.  Those tapes
=can= be loaned (I won't cite chapter and verse here, but it is legal).
Your obligation is to tactfully correct anyone who tells you they plan to
copy or publicly exhibit one of your tapes.  Other than that, they are
responsible to see that copyright is obeyed. Keep the "home use only"
sticker on the tape to remind them of their responsibilites.

Sure Disney and some charge an arm and a leg, but National Geographic
videos are quite educational, and they generally cost under $30.

LM_NET Archive Home