When I designed my OPAC furniture, I thought about students standing or sitting
too.  I finally went with stand-up furniture so that kids wouldn't just plop
themselves down and stay.  When the furniture came it wasn't long before I
realized it was a mistake to make kids stand-up.  As fascinating as the
research was :) any sort of indepth search was cut short because the kids got
tired of standing (or they'd drag over the chairs and sort of prop themselves
on them.  I finally asked the science department if I could have six of their
lab stools (kind of like metal barstools) and they agreed.  This is a perfect
compromise because these stools are not comfy enough to plop and stay, but
could to prop yourself on for long searches.

Darla
magana@a1.k12.svusd.ca.us

LM_NET Archive Home