At a time when book challenges and other attempts at censorship are at an
all time high, I am appalled that librarians would even consider their
own peculiar efforts to censor a book, a video, a work of art, or any
other form of creative effort or product. If only a portion of a work is
relevant, then permission to use that portion should be secured from the
copyright holder.  If the whole work is relevant with the exception of a
small part that someone considers offensive, releases or letters of
permission should be secured--or another media item should be located
which suits everyone.

Mary Ellen Scribner, Librarian                  512 464-4033
Westwood High School, Round Rock ISD            512 464-4020 (FAX)
12400 Mellow Meadow Dr.                         scribner@tenet.edu
Austin, TX 78750-1824

On Wed, 27 Sep 1995, Sandra Griffith wrote:

> Another good way to block out an offending section of a tape is to record
> over that part -- then you just have snow and won't have to worry about it!
>
> Sandy in Florida
>
> griffith@freenet.fsu.edu
> SandraG627@aol.com
>
> Blankenship*Brogan*Burdette*Callison*Clendenin*Cornwell*Cooper
> Craig*Curry*Dean*Elkins*Edwards*Garten*Griffith*Girt*Haines*Hooper
> Howland*Jefferson*Knapp*Lambert*Lawson*LeFever*Meadows*Pauley
> Plants*Plunkett[TX]*Riggs*Shumate*Sommerville*Turley*Wells
> Welch*Woodrum*Wolfe*All in WV, VA, MD, NJ, MA, PA, OH

LM_NET Archive Home