I sure hope I do this right; please let me know if not.  I have been
"lurking" on this listserve for 4 months now, and figure if you guys can't
help me, no one can!
        I am running a PowerMac 6100 as a fileserver for my Winnebago
network.  This program ran beautifully until a maintenance man from
"Computer Control" came in one morning to check the serial numbers on all
of the Media Center (and the rest of the school's) computers.  Before I
knew it, he had removed the monitor off the CPU of my circulation computer
and flipped it upside down to get his number.  (All the computers were
running on the network at the time).  I politely told him that we didn't
move a computer that was running, and he told me "it has no bearing on the
matter".  Next thing I knew, he was in my office turning my fileserver
upside down.
        Here's the kicker - now (after many hours talking to Winnebago Tech
support and trying everything they know to try), my network will run for 1
hour, 2 hours, 5 hours; but eventually, I have to reboot everything because
the server locks up.  I have installed Norton Utilities and "fixed"
everything it told me to, and Norton cannot find anything wrong.  I am
going bald trying to keep my library running (we were down ALL DAY
yesterday while I had to rebuild my entire database, on advice from
Winnebago Tech!!!)  I am not a good computer technician, but can follow
rudimentary advice.  If this has ever happened to you, and you can tell me
how to fix it, I will ever be in your debt.
Counting on the power of LM_NET....TIA
email me personally at taylore@ten-nash.ten.k12.tn.us

LM_NET Archive Home