Hello LM_Netters,
   Several people have requested that I post a hit on the use of the Sonia
Bleeker Indian series.  I received 10 replies with several people wanting the
same information.  Following are the replies.  Many thanks to those of you
who responded.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

We still have this set in our library and they are much used by students.
I'd be interested in any replies you receive.

Rosalie Gonzales
Cornell/Marin Elementary Schools
Albany, CA
rgonzal@cello.gina.calstate.edu

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Please discard them post haste!  It is unfair to show Indians only in
ancient times.  It is inportant that we teach our children that Indians
are still living today and that many have lives somilar to our own.
Children Press New True books about Indians are an excellent replacement!

Christine House<wexlr1@minerva.cis.yale.edu>
Wexler Elementary School
New Haven, CT

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

There are so many new series out for elem. and secondary.  The old ones look
really ratty, dated and stereotyped compared to some of the newer.

Anne Oelke     acoelke@peoples.net
Cambria-Friesland School District
Cambria, WI

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

From:  bauerc@u.washington.edu

Our social studies' teachers continue to use this series.  We supplement
with other books as well, but they seem to feel they are still useful.
This comes from rather traditionalist teachers, so consider the source.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I discarded all of the Bleeker books the last time through the 970s.  The
information appeared really dated, the format poor, and there are some
great new series out there.  Notably one series from Rourke Publisher and
another from Franklin Watts.  IMHO

Jackie George  jmgeorge@mirage.esd123.wednet.edu
Sharpstein Elementary  410 Howard Street
Walla Walla, WA 99362
(509)527-3098

LM_NET Archive Home