My entire district of  7 schools will be on a year round schedule beginning
in August 1996.  K-9 will be multi-track (45/15) and 10-12 will be on a
single track.

I am looking for any suggestions or advice from school libraries who have
made this change or have been working for some time on this type of
calendar.  I would like the good, the bad and the beware's.  As librarians,
we were are not entirely opposed.  We can all ready see advantages to not
closing down and getting 3 months mail all at once.

I am especially hoping to hear from any high schools on single or
multi-tracks.  We currently have 1400 students in a 970 student 9-12 high
school.  We will be 10-12 next year with 1100-1200 students.

Thanks in advance.

Michele Edwards
Monroe High School Librarian
District Coordinator of Libraries