This year I plan to take a very indepth look at the periodicals that I
have been consistently ordering every year for our high school.  With the
acquisition of full text databases (MAS and CD Newsbank) I am seriously
considering dropping some of my subscriptions.

The titles that have been ordered purely for recreational reading also
will be analyzed.  We are genuinely concerned with some of the lead
stories promoted by old standbys such as Glamour and Madamoiselle

I would like to hear from other high school librarians.

How are you handling your periodical orders after acquiring a full text
periodical dadtabase?

Do you have any thoughts regarding feature stories in some of the
periodicals that you subscribe to for recreational reading?

What periodicals do you feel are important enough to warrent spending
tight budget funds?  Please include both recreational and research
periodicals.

I will post a HIT of there is enough interest.

TIA

Gail Szeliga
Union Endicott High School

LM_NET Archive Home