I am looking for an idea for an easy, comfortable Halloween Costume for a
school librarian.  I will share what I did last year cause everyone loved
it.  I dressed as Melvil Dewey (since I've never seen a picture of him, I
assumed no one at my school had either)  I went to the thrift store and
found a vest and pants, a suit would have been fine, but there wasn't one
in my size that day.  I took fabric paint and painted dewey numbers on it.
Then I slicked my fairly short hair back, drew heavy eyebrows and a
mustache.  I topped it off with one of those labels that says Hello My Name
is: and added Melvil Dewey.  That way people didn't have to ask.  I'm in a
K-8 school, and as I say, many thought it was the best costume in the
school.
So... does anyone else have good ideas.  I'll post a hit if people want it.

Laurie Carter- Librarian                        3195 Woodside Rd.
Woodside Elementary School                      Woodside, CA 94062
                    lcarter@woodside.K12.ca.us
"Minds are like parachutes.  They only function when open."

LM_NET Archive Home