Although children as young as Kindergarten want to borrow Goosebumps, I allow
second grade and up to take them out.  I have spent very little money on them.
I take them as premiums from book fairs.  A few years ago  I had students donate
them after they had read them.  I have also  purchased a few ultra cheap from
discounters.  Although they are very predictable, kids really like reading them.

Most parents who are fundamentalist tell their kids not to bring them home.  (Of
course, sometimes those kids read them at school!)  BTW, I'm not a reading
teacher but are they really RL 4.0?
Bonnie Keyser, West Chester, PA    75017,303@compuserve.com

LM_NET Archive Home