Schoolhouse Rock as Infomercial? :)

Not really. More like a glorious educational right of
passage for anyone who grew up in the early 70s. As a so-called
generation x'er, I can honestly say that there's hardly a peer of mine
that doesn't know the lyrics to at least four or five of these great
short films.

Fortunately, because there are plenty of twentysomethings on the Net
creating web pages, you have more than enough options for finding the
lyrics to all 35 or so of these songs. If you go to

http://www.yahoo.com/Entertainment/Television/Shows/Educational/Schoolhouse_Rock/

You'll see over half a dozen websites listed, with lyrics, soundclips,
images, etc.

One of the best ones is at http://hera.life.uiuc.edu/rock.html.

Schoolhouse Rock is about as universal a cultural myth for people my age
as they come. Wish they made PSAs that were as cool today.

"Lolly, lolly, lolly, get your adverbs here..."

ac

   WW                           Andy Carvin
  /__\                          acarvin@k12.cnidr.org
 | oo |    _WWWWW_
(|_()_|)  /  o o  \    (+)(+)   Project Officer
  \__/  (|  __o__  |) /      \  Office of New Media
Come Visit The EdWeb Project at http://k12.cnidr.org:90

> I am searching for any information about an old series of infomercials that
> were broadcast a number of years ago on a national television network (ABC?).
>  The series was called "Schoolhouse Rock" and presented grammar rules sung to
> catchy little tunes.  One of our teachers is anxious to find the lyrics to
> these segments - adverbs in particular.  Does anyone remember these?  Any
> leads would be appreciated.

LM_NET Archive Home