I've used the book with slightly older children for a math lesson.  The
children act out the people coming to the door.  I have a plate of
cookies and the kids must divide the cookies to give each an equal
amount.  On the chalkboard, we kept a record of order of people and how
many cookies they had.  Makes a wonderful example of multiplication or
division.  Even first graders can divy up the cookies to make them come
out even!

--
Sandy Scroggs                   Kate Schenck Elementary School
Librarian                       101 Kate Schenck Avenue

LM_NET Archive Home