Dear Netters---

   Boy do I need your help!  We are in the process of planning a new high
school facility with lots of technology.  When we got the square footage, I
noticed my library went from the 3000 sq ft I have now to 1850 sq ft in the
new building.   I am very concerned but when I asked the consultants and
architect, what they told me concerned me even more.
   I was told that with classrooms networked to the library (4-5 stations in
each room) that library usage would decrease because kids could access us
from the classrooms.  I understood that but I do lots of things that do not
need technology (booktalks, book research, etc.)
   I need to know from those of you who are networked -- Is this true?  Will
there be less of a demand on library time.  I would think that it would
increase especially as we're going to a 4x4 block next year.  I need
amunitiion......
  Thanks!

Terri L. Lent                      tlent@aol.com
Manassas Park Intermediate/High School