The Billings, Montana elementary & middle school librarians are
beginning the process of selecting a vendor for library automation by
viewing presentations by a number of vendors in late August.

If you have already automated your library, was there a question you
wished you had asked potential vendors, but did not?

I think we are prepared with the obvious questions (costs? ease of use?
hardware requirements? networking capabilities? vendor reliability,
service and reputation? retrospective conversion options? MARC records?)
But what are we likely to FAIL to ask?

If you have any good tips for interviewing potential vendors, please
e-mail them to:

Ginny Waples
lib_waples@vino.emcmt.edu

Thank you!  I will post a hit if I get some good ideas.

LM_NET Archive Home