Hello Les,

There is not charge from AskERIC.  You can access the ERIC database from
the web site, you can use the AskERIC service (Internet Question and
Answer service for educators), use the many InfoGuides,
search numerous educational listserv archives, search for lesson plans and
connect to other useful educational web sites from AskERIC, all for free.
There is a wealth of useful material for teachers, school librarians,
administrators, parents, school board members and others interested in
education and educational research.  Please visit the site and see what it
has to offer to you and your teaching staff!
The web address is  http://ericir.syr.edu/

The only cost to the user is if you choose to photocopy entire
articles yourself or write to EDRS for them to duplicate whole articles.
The ERIC database online and on CDROM will provide abstracts, not full
text articles.  The main reason for that is for copyright issues, but that
is always a topic the 16 ERIC Clearinghouses keep in mind.  Hopefully,
some day, the full text will be available online and on CDROM.
ERIC digests are full text online, however.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to write and ask.

Blythe Bennett

                        Blythe Allison Bennett
                        KidsConnect Coordinator
                        blythe@ericir.syr.edu
                http://ericir.syr.edu/ICONN/kidsconnect2.html

KidsConnect is a question-answering and referral service on the Internet,
provided by the American Association of School Librarians, a division of
the American Library Association.

On Mon, 19 Aug 1996, Les Hotchkiss wrote:

> As media coordinator I am asked quite frequently to compile research on
> specific educational issues.  Although I am familiar with ERIC, I really
> don't know how to access their data base.  I assume there would be a cost
> for down loading info and other services they provide.  I would
> appreciate information on doing this.  Thank You.
>
> Lucille (Les) Hotchkiss
> Carman-Ainsworth Community Schools
> 5089 Pilgrim Rd.
> Flint, Michigan  48507