Dear LM_Netters
I am in search of any creative or "hands-on" types of activities suitable
for orientation sessions with Grades 4, 5 and 6. Mapping and
colour-coding the library worked well last year as did scavenger hunts
and a version of the Jeopardy game. Something different, particularly for
the 5's and 6's (who have all had some introduction to our OPAC and some
(limited) experience with resource-based learning projects) would be
great. Our students are back on Aug.27 so any orientation ideas which
have worked well for your students at these levels would be very welcome!
TIA.
Val Nielsen
Bairdmore Elementary School
Winnipeg, Manitoba