I will be working with a 4th and 5th grade teacher, two special
education teachers and their students (about 50-60 kids) on a special
multi-age reading experience. We will book talk books revolving around
a theme such as "journeys".We will be dividing the group up according
to the books they are interested in reading.   I plan to have my
"group" read picture books or fairly easy, fast books and then they
will "investigate" something that interests them from the reading.
 I would appreciate hearing from anyone who has worked on a similar
project or has some thought about this. The "investigator" role is one
of the roles used in "Literature Circles" that many classroom teachers
are following.
Thanks!

Jan Wright
Midlakes Intermediate School